MANN ISLAND LIVERPOOL
Mann Island is a modern mixed use development by Promenade Estates situated on Liverpool’s iconic and thriving waterfront. Combining a pristine residential complex with sophisticated commercial and office space in one of Liverpool’s most desired locations.
The stunning black granite buildings make a striking architectural statement set around a South and West facing central public realm and Plaza. The development overlooks a tiered canal basin with locks, linking the pier head with the Albert Dock complex.
The 11-storey commercial office building is occupied by the Merseyside Integrated Transport Authority and Merseytravel, which was one of Liverpool’s biggest commercial property deals in years.
The organisation brought staff from four sites together for the first time into the 140,000 sq ft building, which achieves the country’s highest environmental and accessibility standards.
The development comprises:
• 376 residential apartments in two buildings, with: approx. 4,760 m2 ground and mezzanine floor A1/A3/A4 uses; and
• two levels of underground car parking for the whole development, a total of 483 spaces plus cycle parking.
• a 13,079 m2 gross commercial office building.
• 1,247 m2 of covered public realm—capable of accommodating temporary exhibitions, café seating areas, etc.
• public open space and public realm including: gateway open space adjacent to the Strand/Mann Island. plaza open space (approx.1,800 m2) around the approved canal basin.
• footbridge across George’s Dock Inlet.
• Primary substation.